Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another weekend of shopping!!! oops!

Tim and I travelled down to Rugby this weekend to a discount shop that our friends Laura and David recommended. It was fab to spend some time being shown different kinds of travel systems, how to put them up and put them down, how to fit the car seat etc etc. It was a bit overwhelming the last time we went however this time the lady was really helpful and knew what she was talking about. We had found one on the internet we really liked the look of but in reality it was HUGE and very heavy. In the end we chose one which fitted exactly what we wanted - very manouverable, shopping bag storage underneath, the car seat fits into the chasis facing whoever is pushing and the other pram bit can face fowards or backwards and is suitable from birth to 3 1/2 years! It really is fab!




Here is it facing away from us for when the baby is much older (until then I want to chat to it, facing me, when it is in its pram)



Here is the car seat fitted in to the frame. We now need to buy the bit that stays in the car then the car seat clips in to it. This baby business is a rather expensive one!



We have also been building nursery furniture today, we now have a chair in the nursery (sorry for me looking so 'whale like' in my defense I had been building a set of drawers and have a baby slowing me down!!!!) ...

And a chest of drawers which we will use as a changing table...





Mum has been knitting fab blankets - here is one of them, it is so so soft. And Granny bought us a hooded towel blanket which is so soft and cute, this baby is going to be very spoilt!!










We also found this very funky and colourful baby gym at the discount store place down in Rugby, I love it! It plays mozart music too!!!






Well no more news from us, our dining room is now finished so we will take photos as soona s we put the dining room furniture in there. Oh and we would like to buy a mirror to go on one wall and I need to frame some art work that Ant gave us last year which will also look great in there. So much to do!
I must say I do like to get organised now, as I am starting to feel uncomfortable sometimes, I can imagine in a month or so not wanting to be doing much furniture building or DIY.
Chat soon, Gemma xxx
p.s. Ant update your blog!!!! xx




1 comment:

Sue's Stitches said...

love the buggy - looks very complicated - all those bits to fit together!! Classical music - not the rolling stones then!!!