Wednesday, September 13, 2006

getting excited about the weekend!

Hi,

I had my first ever senior management team meeting today!!! ARGH!! was really quite successful and am starting to feel like I know what it is going on but may take a while before I have got it all under control! I still feel a little overwhelmed by it all...

I have got home and have tidied, hoovered, cleaned my kitchen floor and the bathroom and dusted everywhere... cause my grandparents are ocming to stay and arrive on friday. I am out tomorrow night with a freind from work - my new best friend to be exact! She is an NQT teaching the same year as me at school in the classroom next to mine, we get on really well and it has made such a difference to have someone to chat to and have fun with at school during the lunchtimes! She is very similar to me, really arty and creative, it's so much fun to plan with her too! She has offered to cook for me tomorrow with her three children, her husband (also called tim) is at football so we can have a proper teacher chat! Great!!

Then friday grandma and grandy arrive, they are on the boat now then are going to take it easy and drive up over the next two days. Seeing they are used to going 35 miles per hour in guernsey they thought it would be best to stick to the little roads.

So friday night I am going to cook for them, then on saturday we are going to stratford then sunday warwick castle and I will take them to the saxon mill I think fo rlunch. It's a really gorgeous pub in warwick next the the river with a great big working water wheel next to it with lovely walks round fields behind. I can't believe we didn't discover it at uni it's fab!

well no more gossip from me, tim sound slike he is still having a great time. He was going to go across to alcatraz today! scary!!! I hope they dont get stuck int he cages like what happened in the rock! At elast sean connery and nicholas cage can save the day if that happens...! (I love that film!!)

well best scoot and clean my oven - I tell you having guests is the best for having a spring clean!

hugs, Gemma x

p.s. did britney actually have her baby or not? can't work it out?

2 comments:

Ant said...

I want to see photos of Grandma and Grandad please. Get lots and lots of your adventures. xxx

Gem said...

sorry tim has my camera so no photos except on my phone. I will make sure grandma takes one on her camera. xx