Friday, August 04, 2006

holiday!

Hi,

sorry ant and beth for not updating sooner, we have been having far too much fun to sit in front of the computer. Today however is the first day it has been a bit cloudy so I have left tim downstairs and am hear to tell you about my holiday so far...

well, I went to helen's last wednesday and had a day with her in Windsor. Then we met anna and kate at the airport to fly to guernsey on thursday morning. Was a really nice flight actually and was a gorgeous day so went to drop our bags off at home then went straight to Moulin Huet (a gorgeous cove). I succeeded in getting all of the girls in the sea for our first swim!!! We then spent the rest of the weekend, eating, drinking, day trip to herm, going out dancing in follies, spending time in jacuzzi and generally gossiping about everything!!!

They flew back on sunday on the same plane that had just dropped off tim! Tim and I have had the most romantic few days so far. It is sooooooo nice to be away together without the stress of work/school/money...! We have been enjoying the food, wine, jacuzzi and this beautiful island! So far we have been swimming at bordeaux (tim came once then chickened out the next time which left mum and I able to float about on our body boards), walking along the rocks rockpooling, bike rides (not too far from my house yet as I am so unfit on a bike!), body boarding at L'ancrese with mum(which was hilarious! I almost lost my bikini bottoms on one wave!), walking along the cliffs on the south end of the islands, the views are incredible - I will put my photos on as soon as I get back to tim's on the 17th. We have also been out to dinner with mum and sam, round to grandma and grandy's for a buffet in their garden and to castle cornet. We have got so much more planned for the next week - my cousin bev is coming round today with baby ethan and we are all going to go to the beach, we are off to herm tomorrow, out with my home friends tomorrow night, family all coming round on sunday then france next thursday!!!

We go back to tim's on the 17th then mum and sam are coming to stay with his parents on the august bank holiday weekend!!!! they will finally get to see where tim lives and get to know his parents a bit better.

well seeing I have no photos to show today I guess i won't ramble on any more. I just am so happy at the moment with being on holiday! I really needed it!

I hope you are all well and happy too and enjoying the hols!?

chat soon, gemma x

1 comment:

beth spencer said...

finally you update me with news on your fab holiday. glad you are having a lovely time and looking forward to seeing the photos!