Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Annual Lubrizol Ball!!!

Ok so we had a relaxing Friday evening, and a lovely day on Saturday. Ron and Jean popped round for coffee in the morning which was lovely. Then I wandered into Belper for some shopping and Tim carried on with his greenhouse - which is turning into a bit of a traumer!!!! Some of the glass is broken when Tim opened up the packets so he has to order more, and we have to put this rubber seal round every edge of the frame which takes hours and is really tricky to do. I have done 8 bits this morning but my thumbs are red raw so am having a break.

Last night we went to Tim's Lubrizol ball last night in Derby. Was very swish, champagne reception as we arrived with live hazz music, then a buffet meal followed by a band playing and dancing. Was fun! It was also good to get dressed up too...


Below Tim being silly, I thought he was smiling...
Tim's chem syn group - his boss dave, Tone, Paul and my husband!
And another one of my boys, they were being very snuggly yesterday and thought this was a cute photo opportunity! What am I like?! How many cat photos do I have now...


well I have tons of work to do, I have parents evenings this week tuesday, wednesday and Thurday (which is my late one so have an 8am-8pm day.... boo)
Best scoot, chat soon, gemma x

3 comments:

Katie said...

You looked stunning Gemma-love the dress-where's it from?
Married life obviously suiting you!!! xxxxxx

Ant said...

I had parents' evening last week too. One parent had the cheek to say we were making excuses by not doing club too that day. I felt like asking his kids to come back at 9pm once I'd finished the parent meetings and do club then. Cheeky bugger!

Gem said...

The dress is from River Island about 5 years ago, I love it and it's my trusty little black dress I always wear to make myself feel slim!

Parents evenings SUCK!