Saturday, March 22, 2008

Congratulations Laura and David!!!!

My friends Laura and David had their baby last night!! Baby William Michael O'Brien was born weighing 7 lbs and 13oz at 7.54pm last night. I am so happy for them and so excited to meet him and have a cuddle! It may get me even more broody than I already am, if that's possible!!!! I will post some photos as soon as they are all up for visitors.
Above is a photo of one of our five new windows!!!

Below is our lounge all plastered and now ready to paint!!
Tim with Oscar in his arms and Einstein in cat heaven besides him, what lives they have - sometimes I wish I could be a cat with no pressures, just cuddles all the time and naps!
So what a week! School was fine, went slowly even though it was a four day week - I think because everyone wanted it to be Friday already... Then my friend Wendy got a job she had a applied for which is so exciting for her, she starts after Easter, I will be sad as I have made friends with her and enjoy our morning gossips!

Thursday we had our windows done, so now we have windows that actually open and close! They are also all new and white, with no paint sploshed along the edges (the people who owned the house before us hadn't heard of masking tape!). Also we got a plasterer to come and do our lounge wall, we had a go ourselves but we got a quote and worked out far cheaper than we imagined and much less time consuming to have it done, and done properly. It looks fab and only needs a few more days before we can paint it.

Dave, Tim's best man, is visiting this weekend. Is so good to see him, it has been ages, and for him to see our house. We went to Moss Bros today to do the men's outfits for the wedding, they tried on the different shapes and colours. Tim looked sooooooooo handsome, as did Dave, and they decided on a suit to hire and mum is going to make the cravats in the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. The more things we get sorted and booked the more real and exciting it becomes.

I forgot to say, I went down to Oxford yesterday for my final dress fitting before taking the dress to Guernsey (I made need another fitting in May but hopefully not, need to try and stay the same size now... no more easter eggs for Gemma!). It is still as gorgeous as ever and now just need my mum to help me sort out the finer details in Guernsey in May so I am truely content with it! I also got to meet Katie for lunch in Oxford and catch up on her news and gossip. I love doing lunch, just wish it didn't mean driving 3 hours there and back to do it!

So now after a jam packed weekend, I still have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off before going back to work! YEY!!!!
I am planning on DIY-ing tomorrow, painting hallway as Tim has now got it totally prepared for me and maybe starting on the lounge ceiling. I will have to do some planning at some point but I am not worrying or thinking about that yet!

well I had better scoot now, chat soon, Gemma xxx

No comments: