Sunday, July 22, 2007

BRIDESMAIDS!!!!!!!!!

Ant, mum and me Mum and Auntie Diane
Helen, me and ant
Me and my godmother!!
Me and my sis
The colour of the dresses!!! (I won't put a picture on here as the girls looked stunning but is always best to leave it to WOW people on the day I think!!)
So... our crazy week and weekend has come to an end...
Work was great during the last week, I felt like I was babysitting a bit but tried to do educational things as well as letting the children relax and tidying my classroom! We did lots of seaside stuff like making boats and doing floating and sinking activities, sports day, art, number problems involving ice creams etc etc. Good fun and time actually really flew by!
We went to Jan's retirement doo on tuesday which was fun and had a few glasses of wine along with winning our skittles game!
Then end of term came along with A LOT of rain... all day infact on the last day of the 'summer' term so no playtimes either, children and teachers were soooo tired by the end of it. I then had a huge stress as we were meant to be driving down to my aunite diane's to meet her, mum, ant and sophie but the M40 was closed and traffic jams for miles... I cried a lot and didn't really know what to do. I really wanted to see the girls and especially my sister. Luckily we decided to just GO FOR IT at about 7pm and must have just started clearing as the motorway was slow but moving. We got there about half 9 to be greeted by a very drunk ant and sophie and tipsy mum and auntie diane! Was so good to catch up and I then drank lots too, tim was good and had one glass and a cup of tea. (Should have done the same as Sophie and I stayed up later than the rest to clear of anothe bottle of wine!)
I was a little hungover the next morning as we had to get up early to meet Helen in london and go BRIDESMAID DRESS SHOPPING!!! WOHOOOO!!! It really was so much fun. We all had a fab day. Tim went off to meet dave whilst us ladies headed straight to debenhams. We went to coast first and picked up a few dresses, ant tried some on and we found 2 we really liked. Helen then arrived and tried them both on and she really liked one of them, so they both got into the same one and they both looked so stunning!!! They really liked them and so did mum, diane and me!! So after our first trying on session we felt we deserved a coffee and cake break in debenhams cafe... we thought it was too good to be true to find a bridesmaid dress we all loved within half an hour of being in London so we put them to the side and carried on shopping for another few hours. We had lunch in a little tapas place off oxford street and shopped a bit more afterwards. We decided at about 2pm that we really did love the first dresses we found so went back and tried them on again, had a quick photo session and just went for it!! so we now have our beautiful dresses! They are currently flying back to Guernsey with mum and we will have fittings next easter when ant is over for seonaids wedding!
sorry for long blog, but I am just so excited and had to write it all down! For my own memory as much as for anyone else. I had better go now as we just got back home to a flooded leamington, luckily our flat is ok but was worried for a while...!
chat soon, Gemma xxxxxx

1 comment:

Sameranda said...

You're so lucky you found the right dresses straight away!! I had a nightmare! Hope all the planning is going well. xx