Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hi all,

so here is a picture my auntie sent me today. It is me and tim on christmas day, quite a new experience for me putting on a picture of us that we didn't take by stretching our arms out and giving ourselves double chins!
So today is the first day since the end of the summer that I haven't had any chocolate! MIRACLE!!! I have found it hard and did have a teeny tiny baileys to compensate but I think is a good step. Tomorrow I am going to start my gym routine, I want to try and go 3 times a week. I need a lot of inspiration so any words of wisdom feel free to blog. I lost so much weight last summer and am now the exact weight I started at. I need to learn to change my lifestyle and diet and exercise routine for life, not just till the end of the summer hols. I am like my cat marmalade, puts on weight in winter looses it in summer. I read somewhere the best way to avoid this is to book a hot holiday in the winter... where in the world is really really hot in December/January time? maybe next year tim and i will treat ourselves to a holiday... actually scrap that, next year we are treating ourselves to a wedding!!! That may just do it money wise...!!

what fun!! ant and annabel both sent wicked wedding books for me to read and take ideas from! I am enjoying having a date set as it now takes the pressure off a bit and I can spend the next 6 months collecting ideas before making any rash decisions!

I also would like any ideas for what to do on a rainy evening (other than go to the gym as I have drank too much baileys to dot hat today) as I am currently doing a puzzle and tim says I am a geek!!! The cheek of it!! It's not true is it? A 24 year old doing a puzzle is cool I'd say...!

Well chat again soon, gemma x

3 comments:

Ant said...

I love a good puzzle. Try to drink water all the time even if you think you are hungry it normally satisfies. Try to go to the gym and we can compare. I am pleased you didn't have chocolate well done. I found some mice pies hidden in a box - I though we'd finished them all. Well I have now!

Gem said...

I have been good so far today too but still no gym workouts... I am going to let my lunch go down then go! I will make myself even though I hate exercise! It would be so much easier if exercise felt the same as eating chocolate! chat soon, gemma x

Sameranda said...

Jigsaw puzzles rule! They are not sad at all.

I have discovered dark chocolate rice cakes (in the organic section of the supermarket) they are low fat and once I have hoovered up all the leftover roses and heroes in my house I fully intend to just eat those. And I am trying to motivate myself to go to the gym 2-3 times a week too. It is very hard.