Monday, April 30, 2007

3 and 1/2 days till Anna's wedding!!!

Hi,

I have had a lovely weekend, tim and I enjoyed the gorgeous summer weather by going to the bar and grill in town and drinking ice cold white wine spritzers and beers... bliss! The park was full of people, such a nice summery atmosphere. It did make Tim and I feel a bit envious of everyone who has a garden.. we want one so badly! It is just not the same in our garden when people (including lots of children I teach and parents!) walk past and park their cars... Not sure I would feel confident stripping down to my bikini and sun bathing whilst hearing "HI MISS PAYNE" every 2 mins... (remind me to get a job away from the school I teach in next year!)

We did, however, do lots of work in between - me with my marking and planning and Tim with writing up his PHD!! Madness! He is getting scared now I think about finishing... I can't believe he has been at uni for 7 years - it's about time he left!!

Diet going ok. I did have a biscuit or two at school today - so not my fault someone brought in chocolate covered short breads.... sooooo bad for me!

I went to the gym yesterday and the air con was broken so I really worked up a sweat! Surely that must be good?? I am also going to hockey again this week, I have bought myself shin pads and hockey socks and everything! How 'into it' am I?

I am also incredibly excited for my friend Anna, who is getting married on Saturday. I am in total shock it has come round so quickly, I am doing a reading so have butterflies for that too. I will be pleased when the wine is served.... she is holding her reception at a vineyard so it's free wine all day/evening.... I will try to restrain myself or I will end up with Tim tucking me into bed at 8pm!

I hope I look nice in my dress. I was hoping to have lost a few more pounds by this time but I haven't so hope it still looks nice. If I put photos of myself on here then I obviously liked what I am going to wear and if not you will know it is because I didn't..! We will have to wait and see...

No gossip from my end so I will stop boring you!!

Big hugs, gemma xxxxxx

No comments: